How to Apply
If you have recently scored above 500 on the paper-based TOEFL (CBT-173, iBT-61) or IELTS 5.5, you may take up to 12 units of undergraduate courses, or a combination of undergraduate classes and intensive English classes. Permission to take Open University classes is subject to a placement test and other conditions.
Schedule & Fees
||Aug. 23 - Dec. 20, 2013
||Jan. 17 - May 26, 2014
It's easy to apply, just submit the online application and send the following items:
- Completed application form (printed copy of the online application or download and complete the pdf)
- Signature of your financial sponsor
- Original bank document or scholarship verification of support funds
- Application processing fee of $100 in the form of a check, credit card or international money order payable to Cal State Fullerton
- Photocopy of passport information page
- Original high school or university transcript with in-progress courses
- Copy of TOEFL/IELTS official test results
Qualifying Health Insurance is mandatory for all F-1 and J-1 visa students. For more information, visit Health Insurance.
- If a student withdraws from the session before the session start date, a full tuition refund, less a $255 administrative fee, will be issued upon approval of a written petition to the Program Director.
- If a student withdraws after the first day or within the first 25% of a session, 65% of the session tuition, less a $255 administrative fee, will be refunded.
- After 25% of the session has elapsed, no refund will be given for withdrawal.
- The application, health center and the non-curricular service fees are not refundable.
* The refund policy is subject to change at any time.
Requests for refunds are processed through the University Extended Education office. This process takes approximately six weeks. Allow up to six weeks for refunds via check. If you paid with a credit card, allow 7-10 days for your refund to be credited back to your credit card. Students who are dismissed from the program in mid-semester because of insufficient attendance or serious misconduct are not eligible to receive a refund.
We are no longer accepting applications for Fall 2013.
Now accepting applications for Spring 2014.
Mail Application to:
University Semester Abroad, CP-207
University Extended Education
California State University, Fullerton
2600 E. Nutwood Ave.
Fullerton, CA 92831 U.S.A.
Applications are due 12 weeks before each start date to allow enough time for processing, preparing the I-20 and mailing it in time for you to obtain a student visa from a U.S. embassy or consulate.